Artificial Intelligence AI technology has made life easier in so many ways. It is one of the smartest technologies gaining acceptance in almost every industry segment worldwide. And so, video surveillance is not an exception.
The video surveillance system equipped with AI has changed modern security solutions drastically. Machine Learning Technology helps CCTV Cameras, offering real-time results. These security cameras proactively help reduce the chances of burglary, theft, shoplifting, vandalism, violence, or other threats to a business, commercial premises, or even homes.
What Are The Different Types Of Video Surveillance Cameras?
- Simple security camera: A passive CCTV security camera is just for capturing images and storing the video footage, which can be used to extract information after any incident
- Smart security camera: An active CCTV security camera immediately raises the alarm when it notices any unusual or unwanted activity or movement.
- Advanced security camera: The latest in the CCTV segment is an AI-based security camera for video surveillance which can take proactive decisions as per the situation.
Key components of AI-based security camera:
- Video camera hardware is mounted on the site
- Wireless or hardwired internet connection for continuously sending/storing data
- Remote server for receiving storing video data and analyzing information
- Camera software with AI-based technology
- Data analytics software in the cloud
How Ai Technology-Based Video Surveillance Cameras Work?
- AI-based security camera setup runs the data analytics program on the video it captures. The analysis is based on different patterns and developments programmed in the system as Red Flags for a security breach.
- AI technologies, such as face recognition, object detection, and intrusion identification, are certain patterns programmed in the AI software for video surveillance. These are extremely useful in terms of security.
- For example, detection and raising the alarm for security threats like the movement of any object in a certain space late at night or entry of any human with a weapon can avert unpleasant incidents.
What Are The Strengths Of Ai Technology-Based Video Surveillance?
1. Real-time monitoring and threat detection for enhanced security
- AI technology-based video surveillance cameras have revolutionized surveillance technology, as they can report anomalies within a second.
- It’s unlike a passive CCTV surveillance camera where you have to manually monitor the cameras for any developments or use video clips to get clues to detect and solve security concerns.
- For places where footfall is huge, manual monitoring is an impossible task, so there are greater chances of a security breach. Therefore, airports, malls, college campuses, tourist spots, railway, and metro stations must be equipped with AI technology-based video surveillance cameras for a more secure environment and averting any mishap.
- AI technology-based video surveillance cameras are known for their real-time monitoring and action. Even a small suspicious movement or development gets easily noticed by an AI technology-based video surveillance camera that immediately raises the alarm or sends signals for proactive action.
2. Effective intrusion detection through the capability to differentiate between animals and humans
- Installing an efficient security system is a rule of thumb for any building establishment. Real-time detection helps in faster response and action to safeguard things and individuals.
- The motion detection cameras can raise the alarm when anything moves, be it animal, vehicle, or even shadow. So the chances of false alarms are very high. They are non-intelligent cameras. In comparison, AI technology-based video surveillance cameras are truly a smart option. It can be programmed to differentiate between animals and humans.
- With AI technology-based video surveillance cameras, you can even plan the next level of security measures. For example, for abnormal movements detected in the no-entry zone of banks, government buildings, or hospitals, the AI technology-based video surveillance cameras can be configured to lock the doors of certain high-risk areas or vaults of bank
- Also, in case of riots, if a violent mob or weapons are detected outside educational institutions, the AI technology-based video surveillance cameras can be programmed to automatically lock the doors to avoid any intrusion or bedlam inside.
3. Intelligent metal detection for preventing the smuggling of any weapon
- The long-used metal detectors and security scans are not 100 percent efficient. Even computer vision algorithms fail at times.
- The traditional systems can only identify only those weapons and threats, which are fed into the system. In contrast, AI technology-based video surveillance cameras can detect harmful objects more precisely, even if hidden in layers.
4. Safeguarding against shoplifting for preventing losses
- In big shopping malls and retail outlets, passive cameras are not that efficient to check theft and shoplifting. So, you need technologically advanced security systems to curb this menace.
- There are certain AI video analytics solutions specially designed to safeguard retailers from theft or property loss. This preventive mechanism can detect suspicious behaviors and raise alarms.
5. Quicker data extraction in case of emergencies
- After any major outbreak of violence or terrorist activity, it is almost impossible for investigating officers to analyze video footage of hundreds of cameras installed in a particular area. So the data extraction is a humongous task for the whole team.
- AI technology-based video surveillance cameras can help quicker data extraction making the investigation process easier and smoother.
6. Face recognition for tracing individuals for different purposes
- The authorities now use face recognition to find or track individuals for various purposes. This feature of AI technology infused in video surveillance cameras has emerged as a less interfering and most adaptable form of biometric verification.
- Face recognition feature, a category of biometric software, helps map an individual’s facial features. It stores the face print as data. The software compares a live captured image with the stored face print data to verify an individual’s identity through deep learning algorithms.
- These were some of the strengths of AI technology-based video surveillance cameras that are making our day-to-day lives easier and better.
- For more information, get in touch with Adiance Technologies – India’s No.1 CCTV manufacturing company with expertise in AI technology-based video surveillance cameras.